Forum

Partner in crime wanted / Dating & Relationships / Gay Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 02, 2018 3:41:AM

chuckanut

Partner in crime wanted

I want one!  big_smile I had one for 11yrs and I miss the ups & downs, the adventures.  I'm not perfect and don't expect you to be.  I'm in a constant motion to learn, understand everything around me, and better myself.  Join me! big_smile

Sincerely,
me

#2 Jan 03, 2018 8:02:PM

MikeinMD

Re: Partner in crime wanted

Too bad I hadn't seen your post last week when I was home visiting family in Chilliwack, BC.  Been living in Maryland now.
Mike

#3 Jan 04, 2018 2:39:AM

Alexdancer02

I would love a "partner in crime" as well. [smile]

chuckanut - I envy your having one for 11 years.  Wish you were closer.  We could talk about the possibilities.

#4 Mar 19, 2018 11:45:PM

"Getting the Love You Want" by Dr. Harville Hendrix is still a great book about relationships, family dynamics and why we easily can slip into patterns that get us stuck, hurt or disillusioned. It's not a "how to" book - but more a "how come" book, but still insightful. Being self-aware, emotionally available and vulnerable takes a lot of work, compassion and patience. And even then deep, connected love is not a guarantee. There are many "Mr Rights" out there, but many are preoccupied with things other than romance and love.
The real challenge is becoming "Mr Right" vs. finding "Mr. Right."

Any gay man over 45 probably missed out on the crucial formative years of dating, bonding with your girlfriend's siblings and having a healthy relationship with extended family. Having a good counselor and maybe even a spiritual director - it's not New Age philosophy - is a good start. And then enroll in workshops, discussion groups and even courses about intimacy.  And the sad reality is that "hurting people hurt others." So many older gay or bisexual men are hurting, but bury it, ignore it or channel it into sometimes healthy/sometimes unhealthy directions. Hmm, maybe that's why I like nasty phone sex??

OK, so now you can figure out why people who meet me think I am a therapist!!!. DANG!

#5 Mar 20, 2018 11:29:AM

div3dad

def a must read on my list of ongoing interest.  I've been a phone sex enthusiast for god knows how many years now. Knowing my past history with self esteem issues and the "desire" to be loved but not accepted in our "community" lead me to reach out to faceless encounters via phone sex or the occasional visit to the local Adult book store and their Glory Hole rooms. It filled the need for quite some time.

phoneraunchthug wrote:

"Getting the Love You Want" by Dr. Harville Hendrix is still a great book about relationships, family dynamics and why we easily can slip into patterns that get us stuck, hurt or disillusioned. It's not a "how to" book - but more a "how come" book, but still insightful. Being self-aware, emotionally available and vulnerable takes a lot of work, compassion and patience. And even then deep, connected love is not a guarantee. There are many "Mr Rights" out there, but many are preoccupied with things other than romance and love.
The real challenge is becoming "Mr Right" vs. finding "Mr. Right."

Any gay man over 45 probably missed out on the crucial formative years of dating, bonding with your girlfriend's siblings and having a healthy relationship with extended family. Having a good counselor and maybe even a spiritual director - it's not New Age philosophy - is a good start. And then enroll in workshops, discussion groups and even courses about intimacy.  And the sad reality is that "hurting people hurt others." So many older gay or bisexual men are hurting, but bury it, ignore it or channel it into sometimes healthy/sometimes unhealthy directions. Hmm, maybe that's why I like nasty phone sex??

OK, so now you can figure out why people who meet me think I am a therapist!!!. DANG!